Medical Assistant License
Medical Assistants who aspire to get licenced must pass one of the following exams,
• Certified Medical Assistant Exam through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or
• Registered Medical Assistant Exam through American Medical Technologists (AMT); or
• Clinical Medical Assistant Exam through the National HealthCareer Association (NHA); or
• National Certified Medical Assistant Exam through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
• Clinical Medical Assistant Certification Examination through the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
An applicant who meets all credentialing requirements except passage one of the exams listed above qualifies for the medical assistant interim certification. A person holding an interim certification possesses the full scope of practice of the medical assistant-certified. The interim certification expires upon passage of one of the examinations listed above or after one year, whichever occurs first, and cannot be renewed.