Medical Assistant Duties
Certified Medical Assistants work under a physician or a healthcare provider or sometimes under a manager. They are expected to perform a range of jobs including both administrative and clinical duties.
Some of the clinical duties include,
• Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by physicians.
Some of their administrative duties include,
• Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
• Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance.
• Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
• Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations